Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Black Decker SM1620 Select Technology works


Black & Decker SM1620 Steam Mop with Smart Select Technology
  • Swivel steering for easy maneuverability around furniture and in tight spaces
  • Smart Select dial automatically releases the right amount of steam according to the floor type
  • Large, easy-fill water tank provides over 25 minutes of cleaning
  • Safe on all sealed hard floors - even delicate enough for hardwoods
  • The power of steam deep cleans floors killing 99.9-Percent of germs, mites, and bacteria without using chemicals
  • works I bought it and now have used it 1. cleaning pads stay onand wash well2. It works best on linoleum then stone tile The most effort seems to be on laminate floors I think this will improve as system remove old wax and detergent. It only got 4 because of the problems with laminate. I would reccomend the product for tile and linoleum.
    We like our steam mop This seems to be a good product for the relatively low cost. I like that it uses only water converted to steam as opposed to the swiffer wet jet I used to own that you had to buy liquid product for. The only cost after purchasing this will be the pad but they are machine washable so that is minimized. Have to run it over stains on laminate floor more than once sometimes but works well enough that I am glad we chose it.
    Almost sent it back. I bought the B&D SM1620 on one of the Lightening Deals..really good price. I own a Shark steam mop at another property and I really wanted one for my home. It arrived as promised box a little banged up but when I went to put it together I noticed there were drops of water already in the tank. Always ready to give it a chance I assembled it 3 clicks added water and turned it on. It went from red to blue in 7 seconds which worried me. As I started moving it on my kitchen floor I could hear it humming but no steam. I waited a minute still no steam but water dripping out the tank. The cleaning pad was only wet from the water that spilled out the back. The tank was hot but nothing was getting to the pad. I was ready to send it back but decided to take it apart and reassemble. That was the charm. Apparently I hadn't pushed hard enough to make a solid connection and once I did voila! steam Now it's working great and I like the ease of changing the cleaning pads. Three pads work great for two small bathrooms hallway dining room & kitchen. I had cleaned my floors with a Swifter wet mop an hour before the Steammop arrived. I was amazed at how much more dirt and residue came off with the steam.
    Neat Little Mop! This mop is small but powerful. Easy to assemble and get going right out of the box. Instructions were very clear even though they weren't really needed.I have very old textured laminate floors in my house from the 70s and this mop was able to loosen up and remove the dirt that was stuck in the crevices. I am more than a little humilated at how dirty my clean floor was. I cleaned 3 rooms with less than one tank of water. I did use all 3 pads that came with the machine. The cord is very long and I am thankful I didn't have to unplug and move to a new outlet every few minutes.So far so good.
    Love it if it would work I bought this steam mop to use on my stone tile floors. It worked well three times. Since then it will not create steam. Of course I threw away the box. I have not tried to call Black & Decker yet but will repost once I hear their response.
    so badCthe handle is too fragile i use it about 67 timesCbut ites Sadly the handle has broken.i'm very angrybut no way. caus have out of File A Claim . the power is 110VCis not 110240V.
    Where's the steam?? 1st time out of the box and absolutely no steam. The unit turns blue ready after a few seconds but never produces any steam. After several minutes pushing on the floor the unit is as cold as the tile floor.
    don't fill with too much water while there is a 'maximum level' to fill the mop with it still leaks when tilted.
    NOTHING is happening when turned on UPDATE UPDATE ok i let the machine stay on on the supplied mat for abt 10 mins. again the water container had been blue the whole time. i checked to see if the steam had come out yet but NOTHING. what i did next was to switch the dial to the TILE option i had it on the wood floor option before. VOILA! STEAM!!!! not sure if this will help any of you but i suggest the following if you are having problems getting the steam out first run.1. fill water container to max2. turn on machine and tilt so its on. make sure you keep the mop on the supplied mat during this process.3. let it run for at least 1015mins4. Switch the dial settings to Tile. wait a bit less than a few seconds..once i switched it to tile from wood it worked like a charm! YAY_________I've taken it apart to reassemble the 3 pieces of the machine but NOTHING is coming out of the mop. it makes a hum noise like its working inside the water container is hot BUT NO STEAM output.
    Not up to Black and Decker standards Very disappointed with this steam mop. Have always liked Black and Decker products. Not up to their standards. Wish I could return it. Pad kept falling off. The machine itself seemed flimsy and hard to manage. I am back to using an old fashion mop and getting the job done better.


    Swivel steering for easy maneuverability around furniture and in tight spaces.Smart Select dial automatically releases the right amount of steam according to the floor type.Large, easy-fill water tank provides over 25 minutes of cleaning.Safe on all sealed hard floors - even delicate enough for hardwoods.The power of steam deep cleans floors killing 99.9-Percent of germs, mites, and bacteria without using chemicals..


    Related Products

    No comments:

    Black Decker SM1620 Select Technology works Post a Comment

    smart living steam mop Popular Posts